Carpet Whipping / Binding
Here at Western Carpets, we offer the service of carpet whipping. If you have your own piece of new carpet which you would like turning into a rug, runner or doormat then we can do this for you. Within our Kenilworth shop, there is a carpet whipping machine which can whip around the edges of your carpet in a colour chosen by yourself, from our thread collection. Alternatively, if you do not have a piece of carpet of your own, upstairs in our Kenilworth branch is a large range of offcuts which you can choose from, and have made into a rug size of your choice.
- There is a minimum charge of £12.50 for basic whipping and squaring up of a piece of carpet.
- The basic charge is £4.10/metre (£1.25/ft), which is measured around the perimeter edge.
- More complicated items, or circles, shapes etc have a minimum charge of £30.00.
- Large size whipping, which is bigger than 2.0 m x 2.0 m has a minimum charge of £9.00/metre (£2.75/ft).
- If the carpet requires chamfering there is an extra £1.30/metre (40p/ft) added to the cost.
Please note that we only accept new pieces of carpet to whip, as old carpet damages the machine.